2014 War at the Shore
The 11th Annual War at the Shore Folkstyle National Championships is being held on Easter Friday and Saturday, April 18 and April 19, 2014. This year’s tournament is another smash hit as we added a NEW GIRLS DIVISION (K-2, 3 – 5, 6 – 8 and HS divisions) to join what is a record number of competitors wresttling at the Jersey Shore and TEARING IT UP!!!
WAR IS HERE!!
WAR AT THE SHORE REGISTRATIONS BREAK 2100!
THE MORNING GOT UNDERWAY WITH GIRLS, TOTS, BANTAMS, MIDGETS AND JUNIORS AS THE FIRST WHISTLE BLEW AT 8:00 AM ON THE DOT. THIS AFTERNOON’S ACTION BEGINS AT 1:00 PM AS THE INTERMEDIATES AND THE HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLERS START THEIR EASTER WEEKEND OF WRESTLING.
FOR FULL RESULTS DURING THE TOURNAMENT, TO TO KAPWRESTLING.NET, REGISTER, PAY A NOMINAL FEE, AND VIEW THE LIVE BOUTBOARD RESULTS ALL WEEKEND!
- Link to Event Flyer…
- *** Link to 2013 War Bout Videos, provided by NSide Wrestling…
- OUTSTANDING WRESTLERS, 2013:
- Tot: Zak Ryder, Underground-NY, 55 lbs.
- Bantam: Nicholas Hall, Tyrant-DE, 70 lbs.
- Midget: Justin Mastroianni, Apex-CT, 68 lbs.
- Junior: Nicholas Raimo, Bitetto Trained-NJ, 93 lbs.
- Intermediate: Mehki Lewis, FTWC-NJ, 129 lbs.
- High School: Conner Burkett, St. Peters Prep-NJ, 137 lbs.
- OVERALL TOURNAMENT OUTSTANDING WRESTLER: Brian Hamann, Elite-NJ, HS 147
- Tournament Results requires a FREE login to our Tournament Results portal. Register if you’re not already a results subscriber; sign-in if you’re already subscribed.
The 11th annual SJWA War at the South Jersey Shore Folkstyle Nationals wrestling tournament is coming soon, and it will be adding a GIRLS DIVISION! The 2014 tournament will be held on Easter Friday and Saturday, April 18th and 19th. Last year more than 2000 of the finest wrestlers in the country made their way to the beach in Wildwood, NJ. The tournament will once again be held in the fabulous Oceanfront Arena at the Wildwoods Convention Center in Wildwood, NJ. The morning sessions feature Girls (K-2, 3-5, 6-8, HS), Open Tot (Divison 6) Bantam (Division 1), Midget (Division 2) and Junior (Division 3) age groups kicked off at 8:00 AM both days. The afternoon sessions feature the Intermediate (Division 4) and High School (Division 5) age groups and kicked off around 1:00 PM each day. Currently, the morning session will host the GIRLS DIVISION, but is still under consideration.
The tournament will once again featurE D5 Software’s Paperless Tournament software and Live BoutBoard; this software allows the wrestling public, as well as attendees at the arena, to follow all of the results REAL TIME ONLINE on the Internet as the tournament unfolds.
- LINK TO LIVE BOUT BOARD WEB PORTAL…
- Available from the Apple App Store: The most tournament information at your finger tips, the answer to the long days in the gym wondering what’s going on. TOURNEY ALERTS ($2.99) is now available to track your wrestlers matches.
Like to plan ahead? Here are the dates for the War at the Shore Folkstyle Nationals from 2013 through 2025:
- THIS YEAR’S (2014) WAR DATES ARE FRIDAY, APRIL 18 & SATURDAY, April 19, 2014 (Weigh-in on Thursday, April 17)
- 2015: Friday, April 3 and Saturday, April 4 (Weigh-in on Thursday, April 2; Easter Sunday is April 5)
- 2016: Friday, March 25 and Saturday, March 26 (Weigh-in on Thursday, March 24; Easter Sunday is March 27)
- 2017: Friday, April 14 and Saturday, April 15 (Weigh-in on Thursday, April 13; Easter Sunday is April 16)
- 2018: Friday, March 30 and Saturday, March 31 (Weigh-in on Thursday, March 29; Easter Sunday is April 1)
- 2019: Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20 (Weigh-in on Thursday, April 18; Easter Sunday is April 21)
- 2020: Friday, April 10 and Saturday, April 11 (Weigh-in on Thursday, April 9; Easter Sunday is April 12)
- 2021: Friday, April 2 and Saturday, April 3 (Weigh-in on Thursday, April 1; Easter Sunday is April 4)
- 2022: Friday, April 15 and Saturday, April 16 (Weigh-in on Thursday, April 14; Easter Sunday is April 17)
- 2023: Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8 (Weigh-in on Thursday, April 6; Easter Sunday is April 9)
- 2024: Friday, March 29 and Saturday, March 30 (Weigh-in on Thursday, March 28; Easter Sunday is March 31)
- 2025: Friday, April 18 and Saturday, April 19 (Weigh-in on Thursday, April 17; Easter Sunday is April 20)